Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall decor makeover

      Do you have a tub full of Fall decorations that looks something like this?


      Mine is mostly Dollar store type stuff....entirely too much orange and entirely too overly used looking. I decided a new Fall look was in order...except I didn't want to spend money on it and I really didn't want to take babies out to go get any. What to do, what to do...spray paint naturally. I took some of this lovely stuff and went to town.


      I spray painted all my orangeness, but let a little of the color show through still.


       Ahh, so much better. I took these little wreaths...


      ...and doused them with silver paint. Ya, ya, I know, silver isn't a fall color...but I'm already breaking all sorts of decor rules, mine as well continue. I do believe I approve of my new look.


     I wrapped the candles with upholstery webbing and put a few fallish colored berries through it to give a bit of color.  The banner I made last year out of burlap and jute.


      I also took some paint to this dollar store plastic tray.


       It makes quite a lovely centerpiece for my table.


      I made these blessing blocks last year out of scrap 4 x 4 pieces. I suppose its a bit early for Thanksgiving stuff...but, being thankful doesn't need to be limited to one month out of the year anyway!


      I must say, it was a bit hard to get in the Fall mood while sweating and slapping mosquitoes while spray painting. Oh well, its the thought that counts.


      Spray paint is a fabulous thing, it makes me happy.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Great job. I love the spray painted foliage! I'm not a big fan of the fake stuff but that really made it beautiful. I think I need to head to the thrift and try this out. I also love your Thankful blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thankful blocks are great and your new-to-you fall decor is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete